5 Things You Need To Get Pre-Approved For A Mortgage
Applying for a mortgage is pretty easy but what do you need to apply? I will discuss the basic five items you generally need to apply for a loan.
- Proof Of Income - You will need to prove your income to the lender, which can be done by providing bank statements, pay check stubs, and tax returns. If you have other forms of non traditional income like a side business, alimony, child support or other misc. incomes you will want to have documentation of that income available.
- Proof Of Assets - 401K statements, bank statements, IRA’s, investments and other similar statements.
- Good Credit - The lender will pull your credit and review your credit report. You can get a free copy of your credit report by going to this website.
- Employment Verification - Just realize you don’t have to do much other than give your employer’s information, the rest is handled by the lender.
- ID - Have your ID ready, including your social security card as well. Make sure your identification is up to date and not expired.
Those are the five things you will generally need to get pre-approved. Have those items ready and by your side whenever you are ready to get pre-approved for a mortgage. I hope you found this information usual and of value.
With a heart of a teacher I look to educate my clients about the process of buying, selling or renting real estate. I strongly feel an informed and educated consumer will make better decisions and be less likely to be taken advantage of.
Have questions about this or other topics, don not hesitate to contact me.
Don’t forget to “LIKE” this video and be sure to Subscribe to my YouTube Channel as well.
Luis Cuevas, Realtor®
RE/MAX Cross Country
1990 Justin Road
Highland Village, Texas 75077
Check out my website for more helpful tips:
Subscribe to my YouTube Channel:
Follow me on Facebook: